The Vision Theatre, formerly the Leimert Theater, was a joint venture between Walter H. Leimert and Howard Hughes. Built in 1930 the theatre seats 1050 and has a ground floor area of approximately 17,600 square feet, with a mezzanine of approximately 3,200 square feet. It is especially compatible as a music hall for the presentation of vocal and instrumental music performances. The lobby, with its beautiful marble floor, is utilized as an art gallery and the Terrazzo Sidewalk makes for a grand entrance into a grand theatre. The Vision is located in Leimert Park. This community, designed by Fredrick Olmstead the famed architect of New York City’s Central Park, was built to mimic a European Village. The triangular grassy island and fountain has become Leimert Park’s centerpiece.